Auf dieser Seite finden Sie die Abschlussarbeiten, welche zur Zeit am Lehrstuhl von Prof. Dr. Dr. Tomi Laamanen ausgeschrieben sind.
We supervise BA and MA thesis on the following phenomena: Strategic Issues, Strategic Renewal, Managerial Cognition or Restructuring, Mergers and Acquisitions, and/ or with a particular industry focus: the Private Banking Industry, and/ or with a particular theoretical focus: Behavioral Theory of the Firm, Cognitive perspectives on Organization and Management research. Both qualitative and quantitative approaches can be pursued. There are two ways to go about writing a thesis at the chair.
1. You can approach us with a short outline of an idea within the above mentioned areas. Thesis topics are usually further specified together during the first meeting.
- Case Studies of Swiss Private Banks' Business Model Innovation
- Strategic Issues, Megatrends, and Strategy Development (e.g. in the Swiss Private Banking Industry)
- Literature Review on Cognition in Management Research
- Interview-based Case Studies among Swiss/German Acquirers
- Case Study and Media Analysis of Latin American Airline Merger (LaTam)
- Stock Market Responses to M&A Sequences Using News Analytics (see www.eventstudytools.com; we provide data and methodological guidance)
2. You can state your motivation for working on the following announced thesis at the chair of Prof. Dr. Dr. Tomi Laamanen:
- There are currently no theses announced at the chair of Prof. Dr. Dr. Tomi Laamanen
Please contact Emmanuelle Reuter (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in a topic related to Strategic Issues, Renewal, Managerial Cognition or the Private Banking industry; Contact Xena Welch Guerra (email@example.com) in case you are interested in Mergers and Acquisitions or Corporate Restructuring topics. Please contact any/ both of us for topics at the intersection of these themes.
To get in touch with us, please prepare a short outline (1-2 pages) stating your motivation, first ideas and intended timeline to engage in one of the topics. Please also add a CV and grade transcript (if available a Bachelor thesis).