Auf dieser Seite finden Sie die Abschlussarbeiten, welche zur Zeit am Lehrstuhl von Prof. Dr. Dr. Tomi Laamanen ausgeschrieben sind.
We supervise BA and MA thesis on the following phenomena: Strategic Issues, Strategic Renewal, Managerial Cognition or Restructuring, Mergers and Acquisitions, and/ or with a particular industry focus: the Private Banking Industry, and/ or with a particular theoretical focus: Behavioral Theory of the Firm, Cognitive perspectives on Organization and Management research. Both qualitative and quantitative approaches can be pursued. There are two ways to go about writing a thesis at the chair.
1. You can approach us with a short outline of an idea within the above mentioned areas. Thesis topics are usually further specified together during the first meeting.
- Strategic Renewal (e.g. Case Studies of Process Digitalization, Business Model Innovation)
- Strategic Issues, Megatrends (e.g. Demographic, Technological change, etc.) and Strategic Renewal
- Top Management Team Processes and their Effect on Strategic Decision-Making (e.g. Uncovering the Roles of Strategy Practices in Team Decision Processes)
- Literature Review (e.g. Managerial Cognition, Strategy Practices, etc.)
- Interview-based Case Studies among Swiss/German Acquirers
- Case Study and Media Analysis of Latin American Airline Merger (LaTam)
2. You can state your motivation for working on the following announced thesis at the chair of Prof. Dr. Dr. Tomi Laamanen:
Please contact Emmanuelle Reuter (email@example.com) if you are interested in a topic related to Strategic Issues, Renewal, Managerial Cognition or the Private Banking industry; Contact Xena Welch Guerra (firstname.lastname@example.org) in case you are interested in Mergers and Acquisitions or Corporate Restructuring topics. Please contact any/ both of us for topics at the intersection of these themes.
To get in touch with us, please prepare a short outline (1-2 pages) stating your motivation, first ideas and intended timeline to engage in one of the topics. Please also add a CV and grade transcript (if available a Bachelor thesis).